The spot welder is responsible for operating the spot weld machine while ensuring specific requirements of the job are being met. In this role, you will read blueprints and technical drawings to set up and make adjustments for each job. The spot welder is responsible for operating all equipment as assigned including single cycle and/or automatic type presses and spot welders.
- Responsible for operating all equipment necessary for completing job functions including single cycle and/or automatic type presses, spot welders and other equipment.
- Responsible for performing all SPC (statistical process control) functions including using manual SPC charts
- Responsible for operating equipment and performing work assignments in a manner which will always ensure safety.
- Must perform work assignments to the predetermined level of production goals and report problems associated with the process which may interfere with your ability to achieve the level of production and quantity and quality desired.
- Responsible for keeping a safe and clean work environment before, after, and in between work assignments.
- Responsible for all related production paperwork including shop routing worksheets, WIP tickets, and production labor tickets.
- Visually inspect parts being run in production and exercise reasonable judgment to determine acceptable or unacceptable parts from an appearance standpoint.
- Must read and understand blueprints and blueprint specifications, control plans, routings, and work instructions.
Required Education and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent
- Must be able to understand and follow both written and verbal instruction
- Must be physically capable of standing for long periods of time
- Must be physically capable of loading and unloading machines with production parts
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs at a time
This position is in a metal manufacturing shop environment that is clean, fast paced, and supports numerous customers in manufacturing, medical, or aerospace fields. Exposure to various equipment typical. Personal interaction will include production staff, office staff, vendors, and parts suppliers.
Day shift, Monday – Friday 6 am to 2:30 pm.
Compensation for this position is based on experience level; starting range is $17 – $20 hourly.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This position is typically a temp to hire role. After a 90-day introductory period, you may be able to transition to a permanent employee and be eligible for benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to ErikaM@admancos.com