|Reports To: Customer Service Supervisor||Shift 1: 6:00AM – 2:30PM||FLSA Status: Non-Exempt|
The Delivery Driver will be responsible for delivery and/or pick up of shipments. The Delivery Driver will assist in accurately packaging and shipping finished goods. Shipping work consists of visual inspection of parts and adequate packaging to ensure scratch protection and prevent shipping damage. Will be responsible for recording all pertinent information for each package shipped such as tracking information, weight, dimensions, and special notations regarding fragility, hazardous materials, or unpacking instructions.
- Drive company vehicles, including box trucks and delivery vans to deliver and/or pick up shipments.
- Package finished goods in accordance with quality policy to ensure shipment integrity.
- Ensure package details are accurately recorded and necessary paperwork is generated per shipment.
- Determine appropriate methods for packaging to protect shipments from scratches and damages.
- Complete visual inspections and actual counts.
- Using computer, enter and retrieve data and navigate to necessary information.
- Use basic math and counting skills to verify incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Verify all shipment information.
- Operate forklift as necessary.
- Must always represent the company in a professional manner.
- Must be a reliable member of shipping team; punctuality and attendance are necessary for success.
Required Education and Experience
- Highschool diploma or GED required.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record required.
- Experience driving box trucks and delivery vans preferred.
- Excellent navigation skills and proficiency using navigation applications to find delivery locations.
- Experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be detail oriented to ensure quality standards are met.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- Must have ability to communicate clearly and concisely using verbal and/or written communication.
This position is in a manufacturing shop environment that is clean, and fast paced. Sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time may be required. Some exposure to noise and various types of equipment is typical. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs. May be required to use ladders or portable staircases. Some amount of time will be spent assisting in accurately packaging and shipping finished goods.
The required schedule for this position is Shift 1 – 6:00 am – 2:30 pm. Additional time may be required on an as needed basis.
Entry level position with compensation starting at $14 – $18 per hour.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This position is typically a temp to hire role. After a 90-day introductory period, you may be able to transition to a permanent employee and be eligible for benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org