|Reports To: Assembly Lead (KAWASAKI)
|Shift 2: 2:15PM – 10:45PM
|FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Mechanical assemblers are responsible for the assembly, testing, and packaging of complex mechanical assemblies that may utilize multiple fabricated piece parts, nuts, bolts, screws, and other fabricated hardware to produce functional units. Assemblers must verify the form, fit, and function of these components as individual pieces as well as in sub-assembled and completed assembly forms. Attention to detail, record keeping of components, as well as tracking of test results is required. Must be able to read and interpret assembly layout and prints of hardware components.
- Assemble goods in accordance with established processes.
- Count and maintain inventory of key parts.
- Processing assembly jobs in high volume manufacturer.
- Reading blueprints and drawings.
- Quickly and accurately set up fixture and perform job changes.
- Keep track of work produced, scrap items, or rework instructions.
- Work within a team environment while demonstrating good interpersonal skills, and a strong work ethic.
Required Education and Experience
- A high school, GED, or trade school education is required.
- Math skills and ability to read tape measure.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to quickly assemble parts.
- Be highly organized.
This position is in a manufacturing shop environment with interaction that may include engineering, production, and office staff. The environment is typically performed in a shop that is clean, fast paced, and supports numerous customers in manufacturing, medical, or aerospace fields. Sitting or standing for long periods of time may be required. Some lifting and moving throughout shift.
The required schedule for this position is: Shift 2 – 2:15 pm – 10:45 pm. Additional time may be required on an as needed basis.
Entry level position with compensation starting at $14-$17 per hour.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This position is typically a temp to hire role. After a 90-day introductory period, you may be able to transition to a permanent employee and be eligible for benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org